Auto Insurance for Houston and Kerrville, TX Drivers
Texas is a wonderful state, but it’s also filled with danger. Crashes happen every day, and there were 249,241 crash-related injuries in 2018 alone. With so many accidents occurring every day, it’s critical to have the right car insurance coverage. Joe Cook & Associates
serves drivers with fantastic customer service and reliable coverage so you can drive safe and secure.
What is the Minimum Car Insurance Required in Texas?
Texas requires a minimum amount of liability insurance. Liability insurance helps pay for damages you may cause while operating the insured vehicle. Texas is an at-fault state, meaning if you are ruled responsible for an accident, it’s your responsibility to pay for the damages. Medical bills and property coverage can be expensive, though. Protect your assets by carrying plenty of liability insurance in case of an accident.
- $30,000 in bodily injury liability per person
- $60,000 in bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 in property damage liability
This is not the only insurance you should purchase, however. Liability ensures that you drive legally, but it won’t cover your other assets—such as you, your passengers or the vehicle itself. Basic coverages that Texas drivers should consider include:
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage provides compensation if your vehicle is damaged due to a peril such as fire, theft, hail or vandalism. You can expand this coverage from a named peril policy to an unnamed peril policy, which means it will cover both named and unnamed incidents.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage steps in if you collide with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Not every driver carries auto insurance and some drivers simply don’t carry enough. This coverage helps pay for damages if you crash with a driver that doesn’t have enough insurance.
- Personal Injury Protection Coverage: No matter who caused the accident, this coverage (also known as PIP) provides medical expense assistance for you and your passengers after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: Roadside assistance includes changing flat tires, jump-starting, towing and more.
If you have an expensive or classic car, you may also want to invest in classic car insurance.
Older vehicles have different protection needs and you want such an investment protected.
What We Can Offer
Joe Cook & Associates
care about our clients. We understand that accidents happen, and life is complicated. Don’t worry about your premiums skyrocketing after one little accident. Working with Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and affiliates, we offer:
- Minor Violation Forgiveness
- Rental Reimbursement
- Nationwide Vanishing Deductible
- Accident Forgiveness
- Safe Driver Discounts
- Low Mileage Discounts
- Excess Liability
Find an auto insurance policy that’s right for you and your car. Contact Us Today
and drive with a peace of mind knowing you’re covered.