Homeowners Insurance for Houston and Kerrville, TX Homeowners
Insuring Homes Across Texas
Owning a home is a wonderful accomplishment. Perhaps it’s a new home or a home that’s been passed down through generations of your family. Either way, it’s yours, and you do what it takes to protect it. But if you don’t have the right amount of insurance, you could risk losing the home and your belongings with no way to replace them. Protect your assets by insuring with Joe Cook & Associates.
We understand the risks Texas homeowners face and are dedicated to serving our clients with quick, efficient customer service and great coverage.
Are You Required to Have Home Insurance in Texas?
There is no law in Texas that says you must carry homeowners insurance, but many lenders will require you to purchase some amount of insurance.
What Does Texas Homeowners Cover?
A typical homeowners insurance policy in Texas includes:
- Dwelling Coverage: Dwelling refers to the home and its attached structures, which can be expanded to unattached structures (such as sheds and gazebos) with “other structures coverage.” This insurance pays for damages due to fire, lightning, smoke, explosions, theft, vandalism, hail and more.
- Personal Property Coverage: This protects your personal belongings even when they’re not in the home. If you have expensive jewelry, furniture or clothing, you may want to purchase more personal property coverage. Speak to an insurance agent today about insuring your valuable items.
- Additional Living Expenses: Sometimes disasters sweep in and make the home unlivable. While repairs are being made, additional living expenses (ALE) helps with the cost of living elsewhere.
- Personal Liability: Personal liability coverage helps with medical bills and legal expenses if you cause bodily injury or property damage to someone else. If you feel that you’re likely to be sued, it’s especially important to carry personal liability insurance.
- Medical Payments Coverage: This coverage helps pay for injuries that occur on your property or away from your property, such as if your pet bites someone while on a walk.
Insurance for Other Homes
Not everyone lives in a typical home. Joe Cook & Associates
- Renters Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Landlords Insurance
- Scheduled Property Insurance
- Mortgage Protection Insurance
- ID Theft Coverage
- Jewelry Coverage
Every home is different and requires different homeowners insurance. Joe Cook & Associates
will work with you to discover what coverage limits your home or dwelling need and offer you competitive prices with great service. Contact Us Today
to protect your assets today.